SmartDry Installation Help
If you are having issues with the installation process for your SmartDry, please follow the steps below:
It is best we start with a fresh installation - this way we can start from a clean new setup to eliminate any confusion or issues remaining from previous attempts to reset or install.
We may ask you to do some basic steps in this particular order and we'll let you know what you should expect below. We appreciate your patience as you work through the steps below to get your SmartDry up and running!
1. First delete the SmartDry app on your smartphone previously installed and unplug the hub from the wall. For iOS simple delete the app.
For Androids please delete the app but also delete the app cache and data located on the phone in the following directories:
a. Open the app settings in the phones OS
b. Force stop the app
c. Clear all Cache
d. Clear all Data
2. On your smart phone before installing the app again Verify Bluetooth is on, and your phone is connected to the WiFi network SmartDry will connect to (Must be 2.4Ghz band WiFi, if you have DUAL band and a single SSID, SmartDry will find it automatically, if you have separate SSID's for your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands, connect to the 2.4Ghz network ).
3. Now Install the SmartDry app again . You must allow locations services, notifications, and Bluetooth to complete setup - we only use these services during setup and all can be shut off after if you prefer. (location services is only used to automatically retrieve your network name to save you typing it - we do not use locations in the app - this is a new apple requirement fro WiFi name retrieval)
4. Tap "Get started" in the app and wiggle the sensor for 10-15 seconds prior to tapping “find sensor” . The app should read in the sensor ID automatically. If that works continue to follow the on screen steps.
if you do not get a Sensor ID automatically please watch this short video on how to check the battery and make sure it is installed properly.
If you do not get a Sensor ID automatically after wiggling the sensor please make sure the small gold tabs wrap around the side of the battery and the positive side is face up.
5. When you get to the step where you are asked to plug in the hub, Please HOLD down the RESET button on the hub WHILE you plug it in and then release when the DATA LED turns solid RED.
Once the DATA LED is on solid RED (meaning its ready to setup) and continue the hub setup ("Scan for Hub").
6. Next you "Scan for the Hub" and it should show up on the next page, Tap the hub name listed and it should continue to the next screen where you enter your network credentials for the 2.4Ghz WiFi.
(if locations services were accepted, the network name should automatically fill in, then enter the network password and continue)
If the hub connects successfully to your network it will let you know on the next screen, other wise it will ask you to retry and give you a specific reason (i.e. wrong password, or wrong network name).
If the Hub connects successfully it will automatically reboot can the DATA LED Will flash green a few times, then eventually turn off (may take upto 30 seconds).
If the DATA LED stay solid green after reboot, it cannot find the network for the credentials provided, if it stays solid RED it has not completed the setup.
Then you can run a short test run of the dryer for 5-10 minutes to see if data is flowing.
The DATA LED on the hub should flash every 5-15 seconds when operating normally.
If you have an issue at any of the steps above, please contact us at email@example.com and us know the details and I can work you through it.
Thank you for your patience and we will get you up and running asap!